Do you need a refresher course on all the fundamental theory and practical applications of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or are you completely inexperienced in using FEA?
If you are on either end of this scale, this course is for you! And best of all is that this course is software independent, so you may use any software of your choice to follow the worked out examples or you can use any of 4 different FEA packages distributed and supported by ESTEQ!
With more than 16 years of experience in using FEA and more than 8 years of experience teaching and supporting customers in the use of FEA, Paul Naudé consolidated all the practical challenges experienced by analysts daily and presented them with the fundamental theory behind FEA to offer practical solutions that will save you time and money while still giving your results credibility.
The theory behind various aspects of FEA is only covered in enough detail to provide you the understanding of why certain mistakes are regularly made and to understand why and how to eliminate them from occurring in the first place.
The practical exercises are worked out with clear to follow instructions for the following software packages:
1) SimCentre 3D (NX CAE)
2) MSC Apex
4) Patran & Nastran
but you will also be able to complete all the exercises in any other software of your choice, if you have some experience using its interface and if the software supports the covered topics.
Since the focus of the training is on the practical application of FEA and not on the use of any particular software, the exercises are easy to follow and most are pre-set up for you to experiment with what was covered in the preceding lecture session(s).
The topics covered in this course are as follows:
- Introduction to the FE method
- Limitations of the Linear Static method
- 1D Elements
- 2D Elements
- 3D Elements
- Stress concentrations
- The use of strain gauges with FEA
- Modal analysis
- Buckling analysis
- Coordinate systems
- Boundary Conditions
- Material models and properties
- Result interpretation
- CAD Clean-up
- An engineering understanding of strength of materials are required as a minimum to reap the most benefits from the course.
- Attendees should indicate their software preference before hand although most courses might be scheduled for a specific product to be used.
- If the attendees will be using software not supplied by ESTEQ, they should bring their own computers with their licensed software installed and activated on it.
More information is available on request for users of non-ESTEQ supplied software to ensure they have the correct functional knowledge of their software user interfaces to complete the provided exercises unassisted.
What our customers say about this course:
- "The friendliness of the instructors and the rest of the staff was exceptional. The training was thorough and covered a lot of key aspects to kick-start one into efficient usage of NX within the time of training.
The lessons were engaging and to-the-point.PS: The food was very good as well." - Theo van der Berg, WJ Engineering
- "The course is well presented. I also enjoy the focus on the limitation of FEM.It was one of the better courses I've attended in recent years." - Jannie Potgieter, Booyco Egnineering
- "Excellent course. Gives the basics of FEM and the possible shortfalls." - Mohamed Jogiat, Transnet
Register for the next course on our training calendar here.
About the presenters:
Depending on the location and schedule, the course may be presented by any of these presenters below. The presenters are all graduate engineers from various internationally accredited universities in South Africa and are all employed at ESTEQ where they train and support clients from various industries using different technologies, ranging from Nuclear, Defence, Transportation to Manufacturing, Mining and even Consumer products.
ESTEQ is the leading supplier of Engineering Simulation solutions in South Africa. Our primary focus is to empower our clients to become leaders in their respective industries through providing technology which can solve the most demanding engineering & scientific problems, in the shortest possible times.