For this assignment, you need to complete the form (link on image) below which requires you to do the following:
- Interpret the test setup and volunteer measurements and report the values you assumed to be correct.
- Interpret the test results and provide the requested values.
- Complete a hand calc using the measurements and assuming a clamped cantilevered beam with a point load near the tip and provide the required results.
- Represent the structure (as tested and calculated by hand) using FEA 1D beam elements and provide the required results.
- Repeat the above using FEA 2D shell elements.
- Repeat the above using FEA 3D Tetrahedral elements
- Repeat the above using FEA 3D hexahedral elements.
Click the image below to access the assignment form where you need to submit all the required results:
The links below show the steps needed in the various software packages to build the FEA models required to complete the assignment.