STRUCTURES MECHANICS COURSE
This course is CPD Accredited - Attendees will receive 2 CPD points.
Due to high demand by our customers, please find this as invitation to our next Structures Mechanics Course.
The aim of the course is to combine a number of disciplines in structural mechanics that tend to be taught in isolation, but which can seldom be treated in isolation for real structures. It demonstrates a range of failure mechanisms for which calculations are required. The importance of validation and some validation techniques are discussed. The course is based on the principals of structural mechanics, a fundamental requirement for any engineer focusing on evaluating structures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Engineers who will be involved in structural calculations, whether hand calculations or finite element analysis. Learners should have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of structural mechanics at undergraduate level.
- Statically determinate vs. statically indeterminate
- Stress and Strain Overview
- Simple overview of Beams
- Stress and strain in more detail
- Stress Tensor
- Linear and Nonlinear Behaviour
- Free Body Diagrams
- Calculations and Measurements
- Checking a Calculation
- Special Topics Overview
SOMETHING ABOUT THE PRESENTER... Gerrit Visser
Gerrit Visser has a wide range of practical experience in simulation, design and optimization of linear, non-linear and dynamic structural systems.He obtained his B.Eng (Mech) degree in 1996 at the University of Pretoria and finished his Honors studies in 1998 focusing on Control Systems. After finishing 2 years at Kentron (Denel Dynamics) focusing on fine mechanics he started in November 2000 at MSC-Africa which became ESTEQ Engineering and is now known as SIMTEQ Engineering.
As a support engineer he gained over the last 11 years abundant insight in supporting and training clients in a wide variety of engineering fields in structural and thermal Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Specific fields of application in FEA include: linear- and nonlinear-statics and - dynamics, thermal calculations, modal reduction methods, etc.
Space is limited so early registration is recommended.
- Online registrations needs to be submitted at least two weeks before the start of a course!
- Our course schedule gets updated on a regular basis. Visit our website often for the latest changes.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. Bookings will only be considered as "confirmed" once the completed registration form as well as proof of payment have been received.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances SIMTEQ Engineering reserve the right to cancel the course, in which case all fees will be reimbursed in full.
- Cancellation of enrollment will be subject to a 15% handling fee. No refunds will be made however, substitutions will be accepted.
- Attendance without payment will not be permitted.
For any queries please contact Paul Naude: email@example.com